Welcome to 2021. We have a range of in-Club and online Bridge sessions, Events, Beginners Lessons, Intermediate lessons and advanced lessons planned for this year - COVID-19 willing of course. Please check back frequently and read our newsletter for the latest news about upcoming events and changes to sessions.
The office is currently closed due to the ACT Lockdown, and emails are only monitored sporadically. We do not have access to the phone/voicemails.
For time-sensitive matters, please contact:
- RealBridge & Session times: Bruce Crossman (email or phone) or John Donovan (email only)
- Lessons / Education: Lesley Gunson or Barbara Toohey
- General Club matters: Margaret Kyburz
Due to the COVID-19 Lockdown the Canberra Bridge Club will be physically closed. However, we will be running online bridge sessions during the lockdown on RealBridge.
30 minute "Taster" sessions
It is not a requirement to participate in a taster session before playing RealBridge (RB). However members and their guests wishing to try RB can participate in a free 30 minute taster session. You do not need a partner but if you come to a session without a partner please let the Director know when you enter the lobby by typing a message into the chat area. The Director can then join you up with another player.
NEW Session Monday Afternoons
Week 2 of Trial of relaxed and social RealBridge Session
Since the switchover to RealBridge we have found that some of our members have felt slightly uncomfortable playing in an ‘all in’ unrestricted environment. We offer an alternative for those who prefer a relaxed and relatively non-competitive game. This game would be suitable for some of our regular duplicate players and would also be suitable for those newer members presently playing in duplicates who would prefer a slightly easier competitive environment.
The session will start at 2.00pm Mondays and finish by 4.30pm and be conducted at a slightly slower pace. Best of all we have found the perfect Director in Sally Barber.
$8 (visitors & ABF members) / $7 Concession Members -- paid via CBCPay
Note that visitor fees are paid by the partner-member's CBCPay account.
Note that visitors only allowed if playing with a member (special arrangements might apply for 2 visitors if there is demand and if we can facilitate payment).
- Saturday Afternoon 1:15pm
- Monday Morning 10am
- Monday Afternoon 2:00pm - New Session
- Monday Evening 7:00pm
- Monday Evening 7:15pm - EVENT, pre-registration required
- Tuesday Afternoon 1:15pm
- Wednesday Morning 10am
- Wednesday Evening 7:15pm
- Thursday Morning 10am - Duplicate
- Thursday Morning 10:10am - Butler
- Thursday Afternoon 2.00pm
- Friday Morning 10:15am - Supervised Play only (zoom lesson at 9:30am) followed by Supervised RealBridge
- Friday Afternoon 1:15pm
Usual lessons will be delivered on Zoom; please email Barb Toohey to be included in the email list to get a Zoom invite.
- Friday 9:30am, followed by a Supervised-Only session at 10:15am on RealBridge
Master the Basics
Master the Basics will continue on Zoom at 9am Thursdays. To be added to the invite list, please contact Barb Toohey.
Cost: $6 members / $8 non-members
Here's a preview of some upcoming events:
- Beginners Bridge Lessons - 6 weeks starting 16 August (Mondays 7-9pm) and 20 August (Fridays 10am-12pm) - postponed
- State Open Teams (RealBridge) - Mondays 25 Oct, 1, 15, 22 Nov. (Note no play on 8 Nov due to an ANC online event)
The Committee has written CBC’s Safety Plan in order to ensure face-to-face bridge sessions are as safe as possible for everyone. You must read it and abide by it as a condition of entry.