Welcome to 2021. We have a range of in-Club and online Bridge sessions, Events, Beginners Lessons, Intermediate lessons and advanced lessons planned for this year - COVID-19 willing of course. Please check back frequently and read our newsletter for the latest news about upcoming events and changes to sessions.
Here's a preview of some upcoming events:
- CBC Butler Pairs, Inc. the Ted Crichton Mixed Pairs - 3 weeks, Mondays 7:15pm from 26 July
- Beyond Blue Teams of Three - Sunday 1 August
- More Bridge Basics for Continuing Students - 4 weeks, Tuesdays 17 August to 7 September
- Beginners Bridge Lessons - 6 weeks starting 16 August (Mondays 7-9pm) and 20 August (Fridays 10am-12pm)
Beyond Blue Teams of Three
Cast off those winter woes with an afternoon of fun and frolic (at the Bridge table) on Sunday 1 August, 12:30-5:00pm, and support CBC's charity Beyond Blue. This is an ideal opportunity to obtain hints to improve your Bridge in a relaxed and social environment.
Gather three members of a similar standard and join up to form a Team of Three. The Club will then allocate a more experienced player to be the team’s Captain who can provide tips on play. Each person plays nine boards (or eight boards in the Intermediate Section) with the Captain and nine (or eight) boards with each of the other two team members.
This event is for CBC Members only and limited to players who individually have fewer than 300 Masterpoints. The field will be split into new and not-so-new categories. As it is essential to have complete teams, everyone who signs up for the event must turn up on the day to ensure its success.
All profits will support our charity Beyond Blue. You may like to bring some cash on the day for a donation. If you would like a receipt for taxation purposes, please consider donating online at beyondblue.org.au.
Get in early! There is a limit of 36 teams. The closing date for entries is midday, Wednesday 28 July. Enter online through the link above.
Reminders for in-Club sessions
- It is a condition of entry that you have read and agree to abide by our COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- One person ONLY in the kitchen at a time. You are welcome to gently remind others if you see they have forgotten.
- Government laws require every person to be registered through the Check-In CBR App when visiting our Club. The scan and number code for the App are on the sidetables, so you do not need to gather in the doorway or foyer to sign in.
This week at the Clubrooms
- Monday morning 10:00am
- Monday evening 7:00pm (Walk-in & Supervised)
- Monday evening 7:15pm (Event)
- Tuesday afternoon 1:15pm
- Wednesday morning 10:00am
- Wednesday evening 7:15pm
- Thursday morning 9:00am (Master the Basics)
- Thursday morning 10:00am (MP & Imps)
- Friday morning 9:45am Relaxed Session 12:30pm finish
- Friday morning 10:00am Supervised Bridge Play (Lesson at 9:30am)
- Friday afternoon 1:15pm
- Saturday afternoon 1:15pm
A 4-week course on Competitive Bidding and Defence will be run by one of our ABF accredited teachers, Barbara Toohey, in August-September. This is the next step after Beginner Lessons and is suitable for Novice and Supervised players.
The course will be run on Tuesday mornings 10am-12 noon from 17 August to 7 September. Topics covered will be: Doubles, Overcalls, Leads, and Signals. Cost is $15 per lesson or $55 for all four. Sign up online through the More Bridge Basics for Continuing Students event page.
The Committee has written CBC’s Safety Plan in order to ensure face-to-face bridge sessions are as safe as possible for everyone. You must read it and abide by it as a condition of entry.