Tuesday evenings - Ted Crichton Matchpoint pairs 27 June, 4 & 11 July
This event features longer rounds (between 6-8 boards) and will be barometer scored after each round.
The leading pair will be awarded the Ted Crichton Mixed Pairs championship with Honour Board Status.
One of our members is looking for a partner for this event. Please ring the club if you are available.
Thursday evenings - ACT Swiss Matchpoint Pairs 29 June, 6 & 13 July
This event will be run with a Swiss format.
New event on Wednesday evenings
As from 28th June (Wednesday next week) we will be starting a monthly Green Masterpoint accumulation event on the last Wednesday evening of the month through to November. Green Masterpoints earned on this night of the month will accumulate and the person (people) with the highest totals over these six weeks as of the last Wednesday in November will be presented with medals.
a. The pair with the highest score on each of these nights will win a free voucher each for a Wednesday night bridge session. The vouchers are to be used within 4 weeks.
b. In order to be eligible for the end of year prize, players must have played in at least 4 of these 6 nights.
Change of session time for Wednesday evening Bridge
As of 5th July, Wednesday evening bridge sessions will now commence at 7.15 pm
At 6.30pm on this night Richard Hills will also give a short lecture on Bridge Laws that all players should know.
1st – G Kozakos, A De Livera, D Appleton, P Reynolds,
2nd – V Carmody, K Ogborn, R Hurst, R Corbett
Supervised sessions, with a lesson preceding the play, are on Monday nights at 7pm, and Thursday mornings at 9.30am.
Barb and/or Jeanette & Anne look forward to seeing you there.
Topics for June-
15th June 26 & June 29 – Slam Bidding, Blackwood.
Master the Basics
These lessons start at 9.15am sharp. The next lesson is Wednesday June 28 with Barb Toohey. The topic is Declarer Play -“Finessing Again”. Stay and play in the session starting at 10.00am.
Going Green at CBC
You will notice signs around the club encouraging you to “go green”. It simply asks you to separate paper and plastic when discarding rubbish and place into the appropriate bins. Please note that plastic wrap, plastic bags.... and even the plastic biscuit wrappers go into the plastics bin. Bottles, tins etc can go into the general recycling bin. Tea bags and food scraps are to go into the compost bin. So let’s make a big effort and support going green at CBC.
Australian National Championships
15-27 July 2017
Thoroughbred Park Function & Convention Centre, Randwick Road, Lyneham
You have a once in eight years opportunity to play in this tournament, at home.
* Events range from one-session pairs to two-day or longer Butler pairs; with categories including Novice, Restricted, Open, Women and Seniors. We look forward to seeing you there.
* Brochures are available on the table in the upstairs foyer.
The website is http://www.abfevents.com.au/events/anc/2017/
If you have any questions, please ask
Assistance requested during the ANC
Keith Ogborn would like to hear from people who can help on occasion with the Bulletin at the coming interstate championships. You would be able to help by:
* volunteering to kibitz an occasional match and/or all or part of the finals (they should be on BBO) and letting Keith know about any interesting play and bidding (there would be no need to write anything up)
* helping with compiling statistics on the progress of the event. (This needs somebody who is comfortable with spreadsheets. While good bridge knowledge is not a bad thing, only beginner level understanding of scoring is needed.)
* taking photos of participants and winners for inclusion in the Bulletin.